待到你到了暮年,头发花白, 疲惫困倦;
When you are old and gray and full of sleep
手捧诗卷拥炉而坐,打着瞌睡慢慢翻看;
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
常常消失字影,时时落入梦幻;
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
昔日眼带阴郁或温柔,不时在脑海中闪现。
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
不论是虚情假意,还是真心一片;
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
多少人把你愉悦的丰姿艳羡,多少人把你美丽的相貌热恋?
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
但这世上只有一人,真正爱你永无改变:
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
无论是你圣洁的灵魂,还是你变得忧伤的容颜。
And loved the sorrows of your changing face.
弯腰坐在烧旺的炉前,哀愁淡淡, 低声念念;
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
青春的爱已离去,就在转瞬之间!
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
它跨越高山,它飞进蓝天;
And paced upon the mountains overhead,
它在星云中躲藏,它在夜空里弥散。
And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.