你那明如水晶的眼睛向我询问:
They say to me, your eyes, clear as crystal:
“我对你有什么价值,奇怪的朋友?”
"For you, bizarre lover, what is my merit then?"
——快乐吧,不要作声!除了太古野兽
— Be charming and be still! My heart, which all things irk,
那样的单纯,我这恼怒一切的心,
Except the candor of the animals of old,
不愿对你透露它的可怕的隐衷
Does not wish to reveal its black secret to you,
和那用火焰写成的阴暗的奇闻,
Whose lulling hands invite me to long sleep,
摇着我的摇篮催我长眠的女人。
Nor its somber legend written with flame.
我憎恨热情,我的精神使我苦痛!
I hate passion; intelligence makes me suffer!
我们安然相爱吧,小爱神丘比特,
Let us love each other sweetly. Tenebrous Love,
暗藏在哨所,张着命运的弓矢。
Ambushed in his shelter, stretches his fatal bow.
我知道那古代武库里的武器:
I know all the weapons of his old arsenal:
罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——哦,苍白的雏菊,
Crime, horror, and madness! — pale marguerite!
你我不都像秋季太阳已是迟暮?
Are you not, like me, an autumnal sun,
哦,如此洁白而冷冷的玛格丽特!
O my Marguerite, so white and so cold?