陈敬容 译

Autumn SonnetRoy Campbell 译


你水晶似的明眸向我说:
Your eyes like crystal ask me, clear and mute,
“我对你有什么好处,奇怪的爱人?”
"in me, strange lover, what do you admire?"
——乖些,别作声;一切都使我的心
Be lovely: hush: my heart, whom all things tire
激怒,除了原始野兽的真诚;
Except the candour of the primal brute,

它不愿向你袒示它阴暗的秘密,
Would hide from you the secret burning it
一手招我沉睡的摇篮人;
And its black legend written out in fire,
也不愿给你看它的火焰写成的经历,
O soother of the sleep that I respire!
我恨热情,智慧又令我疲病不振;
Passion I hate, and I am hurt by wit.

我们默默地相爱吧。暗淡的、潜伏的爱情,
Let us love gently. In his lair laid low,
在它的岗位上张着命运的弓,
Ambushed in shades, Love strings his fatal bow.
我知道它古老的兵库里那些武器:
I know his ancient arsenal complete,

罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——-呵,苍白的雏菊!
Crime, horror, lunacy — O my pale daisy!
你不也如我是一轮秋阳,
Are we not suns in Autumn, silver-hazy,
呵,我如此纯洁,如此无情的玛格丽?
O my so white, so snow-cold Marguerite?


添加译本