秋日十四行诗得一忘二 译

Autumn SonnetRoy Campbell 译


你的眸子,它们向我垂问,明澈如水晶:
Your eyes like crystal ask me, clear and mute,
“于你,奇特的情人,我有何可取?”
"in me, strange lover, what do you admire?"
——迷人的,别出声!我心如此不宁,
Be lovely: hush: my heart, whom all things tire
只有那远古动物的直率才能将它安抚,
Except the candour of the primal brute,

它不愿对你揭示其地狱般的秘密,
Would hide from you the secret burning it
她那双手的摇篮诱哄我堕入长眠,
And its black legend written out in fire,
也不想描述那烈焰写成的黑色传奇。
O soother of the sleep that I respire!
我憎恨激情,才智又令我痛苦不堪。
Passion I hate, and I am hurt by wit.

愿我们爱得温柔,而爱神隐匿于目,
Let us love gently. In his lair laid low,
在他阴森的哨所,张起致命的弓,
Ambushed in shades, Love strings his fatal bow.
可我对他古老武库的一切都了然于胸:
I know his ancient arsenal complete,

罪恶、恐惧与疯狂!——啊,我苍白的雏菊!
Crime, horror, lunacy — O my pale daisy!
你不也如我一样,进入残秋的太阳,
Are we not suns in Autumn, silver-hazy,
哦,玛甘蕾,我的花儿,白洁而冰冷?
O my so white, so snow-cold Marguerite?


添加译本