They say to me, thy clear and crystal eyes:
你水晶似的明眸向我说:
“Why dost thou love me so, strange lover mine?”
“我对你有什么好处,奇怪的爱人?”
Be sweet, be still! My heart and soul despise
——乖些,别作声;一切都使我的心
All save that antique brute-like faith of thine;
激怒,除了原始野兽的真诚;
And will not bare the secret of their shame
它不愿向你袒示它阴暗的秘密,
To thee whose hand soothe me to slumbers long,
一手招我沉睡的摇篮人;
Nor their black legend write for thee in flame!
也不愿给你看它的火焰写成的经历,
Passion I hate, a spirit does me wrong.
我恨热情,智慧又令我疲病不振;
Let us love gently. Love, from his retreat,
我们默默地相爱吧。暗淡的、潜伏的爱情,
Ambushed and shadowy, bends his fatal bow,
在它的岗位上张着命运的弓,
And I too well his ancient arrows know:
我知道它古老的兵库里那些武器:
Crime, horror, folly. O pale Marguerite,
罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——-呵,苍白的雏菊!
Thou art as I, a bright sun fallen low,
你不也如我是一轮秋阳,
O my so white, my so cold Marguerite.
呵,我如此纯洁,如此无情的玛格丽?