They ask me— thy crystalline eyes, so acute,
你那明如水晶的眼睛向我询问:
"Odd lover why am I to thee so dear?"
“我对你有什么价值,奇怪的朋友?”
Be sweet and keep silent, my heart, which is sear,
——快乐吧,不要作声!除了太古野兽
For all, save the rude and untutored brute,
那样的单纯,我这恼怒一切的心,
Is loth its infernal depths to reveal,
不愿对你透露它的可怕的隐衷
And its dissolute motto engraven with fire,
和那用火焰写成的阴暗的奇闻,
Oh charmer! whose arms endless slumber inspire!
摇着我的摇篮催我长眠的女人。
I abominate passion and wit makes me ill.
我憎恨热情,我的精神使我苦痛!
So let us love gently. Within his retreat,
我们安然相爱吧,小爱神丘比特,
Foreboding, Love seeks for his arrows a prey,
暗藏在哨所,张着命运的弓矢。
I know all the arms of his battle array.
我知道那古代武库里的武器:
Delirium and loathing O pale Marguerite!
罪恶、恐怖和疯狂!——哦,苍白的雏菊,
Like me, art thou not an autumnal ray,
你我不都像秋季太阳已是迟暮?
Alas my so white, my so cold Marguerite
哦,如此洁白而冷冷的玛格丽特!