城市刘淼 译

The CityPeter Green 译


你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
You said: “I’ll find a new land, find another sea—
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
A new city’ll turn up, a better one than this.
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
Every effort I make is condemned, turns out amiss,
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
While my heart, like a corpse, lies buried deep,
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
And my mind—how long will my mind stay sunk in stagnant sleep?
举目四望,所见一切
Here, wherever I look, wherever I turn my gaze
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
I see the blackened wreck of all my days,
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”
So many years spent, ruined, lost by me.”

你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
There are no new places you’ll find, you’ll catch no other tide.
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
This city will follow you. The streets you tread
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
Will be the same, it’s in these same houses your head
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
Will turn grey, in the same neighborhoods that you’ll age.
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
Always you’ll end up in this city. Don’t hope to turn the page
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
To an Elsewhere for which there’s no ship for you, no road shows clear.
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
Just as you destroyed your life back here
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它
In this tiny retreat, so you ruined it world-wide.


添加译本