The CityGeorge Valassopoulo 译

城市段若川 罗海燕 译


You said: "I shall go to some other land, I shall go to some other sea.
你说:“我一定能找到另一座更美的城市,
Another city there must be, better than this.
另一块土地,另一片海洋,
My every effort here is a sentence of condemnation against me,
因为我在这里的每一次努力都注定失败,
and my heart—like a corpse—lies buried.
我的心在死亡,
How long shall my mind remain smothered in this blight?
就像我无限忧伤的思绪一样。
Wherever I turn my eye, wherever I look,
回顾往昔,只看到我生活中阴暗的废墟,
I see the black ruins of my life
还有在这里度过或荒废的时光。”
where I spent and spoiled and ruined so many years."


你将找不到另一块土地和另一片海洋,
Fresh lands you shall not find, you shall not find other seas.
这座城市将永远在你心底埋藏。
The city shall ever follow you.
你将回到原来的街巷。
In streets you shall wander that are the same streets and
你将在原来的市郊衰老;
grow old in quarters that are the same
在原来的房屋变得白发苍苍。
and among these very same houses you shall turn grey.
因为城市总是那同一座,你不必另外寻找。
You shall always be returning to the city. Hope not;
——因为它不存在,既没有通路也没有舟桨。
there is no ship to take you to other lands, there is no road.
在这里失去的生活,
You have so spoiled your life here in this tiny corner
你已经将它毁掉,在整个大地上。
that you have ruined it in all the world.


添加译本