The CityGeorge Valassopoulo 译

城市刘淼 译


You said: "I shall go to some other land, I shall go to some other sea.
你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
Another city there must be, better than this.
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
My every effort here is a sentence of condemnation against me,
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
and my heart—like a corpse—lies buried.
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
How long shall my mind remain smothered in this blight?
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
Wherever I turn my eye, wherever I look,
举目四望,所见一切
I see the black ruins of my life
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
where I spent and spoiled and ruined so many years."
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”

Fresh lands you shall not find, you shall not find other seas.
你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
The city shall ever follow you.
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
In streets you shall wander that are the same streets and
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
grow old in quarters that are the same
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
and among these very same houses you shall turn grey.
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
You shall always be returning to the city. Hope not;
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
there is no ship to take you to other lands, there is no road.
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
You have so spoiled your life here in this tiny corner
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它
that you have ruined it in all the world.


添加译本