The City埃德蒙·基利, Philip Sherrard 译

城市刘淼 译


You said: “I’ll go to another country, go to another shore,
你说,”我要去另一个国度,另一片海洋
find another city better than this one.
去找另一个城市,比现在这个强
Whatever I try to do is fated to turn out wrong
在这里我无论怎样努力,命运总是将我击败
and my heart lies buried like something dead.
它把我的心──像一具死尸那样──埋葬
How long can I let my mind moulder in this place?
还要多久,我的灵魂才能摆脱这片荒野
Wherever I turn, wherever I look,
举目四望,所见一切
I see the black ruins of my life, here,
无非是我生命的黑色废墟
where I’ve spent so many years, wasted them, destroyed them totally.”
那被我荒度和摧毁了的岁月”

You won’t find a new country, won’t find another shore.
你找不到另一个国度,另一片海洋
This city will always pursue you.
这城市将尾随着你。你逛的小巷还是同样的小巷
You’ll walk the same streets, grow old
你住在同样的街区上,生活、衰老
in the same neighborhoods, turn gray in these same houses.
住在同样的房子里,直至白发苍苍
You’ll always end up in this city. Don’t hope for things elsewhere:
你到达的城市永远是同一个。别指望别样──
there’s no ship for you, there’s no road.
没有船只等你起航,没有道路待你远行
Now that you’ve wasted your life here, in this small corner,
在这个角落里你毁坏了你的生命
you’ve destroyed it everywhere in the world.
等于是在整个世界里毁坏了它


添加译本