The Traveller-Heart韦切尔·林赛

旅人的心光诸 译


I would be one with the dark, dark earth:—
我会成为那个和黑土相伴的人——
Follow the plough with a yokel tread.
跟随着农夫的犁铧。
I would be part of the Indian corn,
我会融化在那玉米中,
Walking the rows with the plumes o'erhead.
头戴羽饰列队前行。

I would be one with the lavish earth,
我会成为那个和沃土相伴的人,
Eating the bee-stung apples red:
饱餐那蜜蜂蛰过的苹果红:
Walking where lambs walk on the hills;
走在羊羔散步的小山,
By oak-grove paths to the pools be led.
在橡树林小路的指引下来到池塘。

I would be one with the dark-bright night

When sparkling skies and the lightning wed—
我会成为那个和亮夜相伴的人,
Walking on with the vicious wind
在天空和闪电的婚礼——
By roads whence even the dogs have fled.
与狂暴的风同行

在即使狗也会落荒而逃的路上。
I would be one with the sacred earth

On to the end, till I sleep with the dead.

Terror shall put no spears through me.
我会成为那个和圣土相伴的人,
Peace shall jewel my shroud instead.
行至尽头,直到和亡者同眠。

恐惧的矛尖不会刺穿我的身体,
I shall be one with all pit-black things
相反和平会在裹尸布上饰以奇珍。
Finding their lowering threat unsaid:

Stars for my pillow there in the gloom,—
我会成为和绝对黑暗同行的人,
Oak-roots arching about my head!
找到它低垂的威胁没有说出的话:

在幽暗中看到枕边的星星——
Stars, like daisies, shall rise through the earth,
我的头颅边拱起的橡树的根!
Acorns fall round my breast that bled.

Children shall weave there a flowery chain,
那星星应当像雏菊一般穿过土壤升起,
Squirrels on acorn-hearts be fed:—
而橡子在我流血的胸膛旁边坠落

孩子们会在这里挥舞花环,
Fruit of the traveller-heart of me,
而松鼠们会把橡子和心脏当做食粮——
Fruit of my harvest-songs long sped:

Sweet with the life of my sunburned days
这就是我旅人之心的果实,
When the sheaves were ripe, and the apples red.
我收获之歌长期催熟的橡子:
那甘甜来自我日光灼烧的日子,
当谷束金黄,苹果艳红。


添加译本