Portent拉切尔·朗

预兆光诸 译


I feel middle class when I'm in love.
当我恋爱的时候会产生“中产阶级”的感觉。
I think it's all the poached eggs on bird-seed bread,
我想那是吃着杂粮吐司夹水煮嫩蛋
staying up all night on Zoopla—imagine
整夜泡在链家网站上——想像
waking under cottage beams,
在美式木屋的房梁下行走,
the laughter in a garden. Kids.
在花园里欢笑。生好几个孩子。
A little boy with gold hair
一个金发的小男孩
keeps standing in my dreams.
一直站在我的梦里。

I read somewhere that it takes three hundred years,
我在哪里读到,需要三百年的时间,
about thirteen generations, to change your social class.
十三代人的努力,才能改变你的阶级地位。
I think about this whilst having a fag-I'm-quitting,
当我疲于奔命的时候我想起这种说法——我想要躺平,
head against the doorbell—it's broken
头靠在门铃上——门铃已经坏了
but sometimes, after My Love has left for work,
但有时,在我的爱人已经离开家去上班,
after his hand- held shower, and a pee
在他用手持花洒洗完澡,在
in the gaffer-taped loo, I hear it
胶带粘起的马桶里尿完尿,我听见
ringing and ringing.
门铃在响,不停地响。


添加译本