仰望着群星,我很清楚,
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
即便我下了地狱,它们也不会在乎,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
但在这尘世,人或兽类的无情
But on earth indifference is the least
我们最不必去担心。
We have to dread from man or beast.
当星辰以一种我们无以回报的
How should we like it were stars to burn
激情燃烧着,我们怎能心安理得?
With a passion for us we could not return?
倘若爱不可能有对等,
If equal affection cannot be,
愿我是爱得更多的那人。
Let the more loving one be me.
自认的仰慕者如我这般,
Admirer as I think I am
星星们都不会瞧上一眼,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
此刻看着它们,我不能
I cannot, now I see them, say
说自己整天思念着一个人。
I missed one terribly all day.
倘若星辰都已殒灭或消失无踪,
Were all stars to disappear or die,
我会学着观看一个空无的天穹,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
并感受它全然暗黑的庄严,
And feel its total dark sublime,
尽管这会花去我些许的时间。
Though this might take me a little time.