"My Father Does His Own Dental Work"凯茜·林琪

我父亲给自己补牙光诸 译


My father does his own dental work.
我父亲给自己补牙。
A power drill and epoxy
用有力的钻头加上环氧树脂
and steady hands—
以及坚稳的双手——

On Christmas Day, he mistook
在圣诞节那天,他错把
the Macy's star
玛西杂货商店的星星商标
for the Viet Cong flag.
当成了越共的党旗。

While watching
在看《阿甘正传》时
Forrest Gump, he told me
他告诉我
how he too carried a friend.
他也曾背过一个战友。

"He squeezed
“他那么使劲地
around my throat so tight,
抓我的脖子
I thought I'd die with him."
我觉得我会和他一起死掉。”


添加译本