Sonnets from the Portuguese 43伊丽莎白·巴雷特·勃朗宁

葡萄牙人十四行诗集(43)方平 译


How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
我是怎样地爱你?让我逐一细算。
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
我爱你尽我的心灵所能及到的
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
深邃、宽广、和高度——正象我探求
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
玄冥中上帝的存在和深厚的神恩。
I love thee to the level of everyday’s
我爱你的程度,就象日光和烛焰下
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
那每天不用说得的需要。我不加思虑地
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
爱你,就象男子们为正义而斗争;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
我纯洁地爱你,象他们在赞美前低头。
I love thee with the passion put to use
我爱你以我童年的信仰;我爱你
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
以满怀热情,就象往日满腔的辛酸;
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
我爱你,抵得上那似乎随着消失的圣者
With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
而消逝的爱慕。我爱你以我终生的
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
呼吸,微笑和泪珠——假使是上帝的
I shall but love thee better after death.
意旨,那么,我死了我还要更加爱你!


添加译本