Remember, when you held my hand
(给B姓某人)
over a restaurant-table
in the shadow of Notre Dame.
还记得吗,在巴黎圣母院的阴影中,
Already, my head was flying,
你越过餐馆的桌子,
I wanted this wild happiness
握住我的手?
在此之前,我的脑袋已经飞起来,
to last. ‘I'll have that hand’,
我希望这种狂野的幸福,
you said, and we grinned at our beginnings
which were also endings —
能到永远。“我想要这只手”,
the past without you seemed remote.
你说,我们咧嘴微笑
Here was the postscript
在我们的起点,也是我们的终点
——没有你的日子看起来如此遥远。
I'd been searching for
该说的已经说了,
proving life could begin again
以下是附加的话:
at thirty-five or forty
as we stormed landings,
我一直在试图证明
scanned futures
生活可以重新开始
在35岁或者40岁,
felt love sitting lightly
当我们暴风中着陆,
on our shoulders, a cocoon
对未来进行扫描时,
spun and spun, busy with
perfections — holding whole days
感到“爱”轻柔地坐在
in its embrace.
我们的肩头,一个蚕茧
转啊转,忙碌于
编织完美——把所有的日子
拥进它的怀抱中。