Poem for Three Dead Girls of Last SummerRachel McKibbens

献给三个去年夏天去世的女孩的诗光诸 译


My sweetheart says I can no longer watch the news.
亲爱的他说我不能再看新闻了。
You worry too much. And he is right. My fear is a drilling.
我担心太多事情。他是对的。我的恐惧让人战栗,
Constant. Bloodthick. That girl in the suitcase,
它粘稠如血,永不停息。那个在皮箱里的女孩,
that wife in the river, that woman in the elevator needed me.
那个在河水中的妻子,那个在电梯里的女人需要我。

I worry to much, it is my right. My fear is a drilling,
我担心太多事情,这是我的权利。我的恐惧像让人战栗,
songless bird perched upon my shoulder.
不会唱歌的鸟儿停在我肩膀上,
That wife in the river, that woman in the elevator needed me.
那个河水中的妻子,那个电梯里的女人需要我。
But I have three girls of my own, they are mine mine mine
但我还有三个自己的女孩,她们是我的,我的,我的。
and the songless bird perched upon my shoulder
那不会唱歌的鸟儿停在我肩膀上
watches over them, my sweet little Gretels who follow me home,
看着她们。就像格蕾特走进女巫的糖果屋,
these three girls who are mine mine mine
她们跟着我回家。这三个女孩是我的,我的,我的,
gobble up my heart like a hunk of bread. When men
她们咬着我的心就像撕扯一块面包。当男人们

see them, my dear little Gretels, they follow me home.
看到她们,我亲爱的小格蕾特们,她们跟着我回家。
When there is a knock on the door, I stash my darlings in a cupboard.
当有人敲门,我把亲爱的她们藏进橱柜。
They come to gobble up my girls like hunks of bread. Men
他们咬着我的女孩们就像撕扯一块面包。男人们
line up like ants to take them away, to carry them home.
排着队把她们带走,把她们带回家。

When there is a knock at my door, I hide my darlings inside a cupboard
当有人敲门,我把亲爱的她们藏进橱柜
like bowls of sugar. When they sleep, I wrap them in kites strings,
就像藏一罐一罐的糖果。当她们睡觉时,我用风筝线缠住她们,
line them up like ants so no one can take them and carry them home.
把她们像蚂蚁一样串起来,这样就没人可以把她们带走,带回家。
They clutch their dolls and all night long they wish for boys
她们整夜抱着布娃娃,她们想着男孩
like bowls of sugar. As they sleep, I hold them like kite strings.
就像渴望一罐一罐的糖果。当她们睡觉时,我抱着她们就像扯着风筝的线。
Constant. Bloodthick. That girl in the suitcase,
粘稠如血,永不停息。那个在皮箱里的女孩,
clutched her doll and all night long wished she'd been a boy.
抱着她的布娃娃,整夜希望她是一个男孩。
My sweetheart says I can no longer watch the news.
我亲爱的他说我不能再看新闻了。


添加译本