Love (III)乔治·赫伯特

爱 III照朗 译


Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
爱许我一个欢迎,我的灵魂却畏缩难前,
Guilty of dust and sin.
因脏与罪而内疚不已。
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
但目光敏锐的爱,察觉了我的颓然
From my first entrance in,
从第一次迈进来起。
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
便向我身边靠近,甜蜜地问及
If I lack'd anything.
是否我还缺些东西。

"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
“另有他人,”我回答,“更值得来这里”;
Love said, "You shall be he."
爱说道,“那个他人正应是你。”
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
“我?这冷酷、薄情的一个?啊,我亲爱的,
I cannot look on thee."
我都不能直视你。”
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,

"Who made the eyes but I?"
爱拉我的手微笑着回应,

“难道不正是我造了这双眼睛?”
"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
“没错,主人,可我却污蒙了它们;就让我的羞惭
Go where it doth deserve."
去它该去的所在。”
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"

"My dear, then I will serve."
“可知道,”爱说,“你无需将责罚承担?”
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
“亲爱的,服侍且让我来。”
So I did sit and eat.
“你该要坐下,”爱说,“尝我的肉为食。”
我于是坐实,开始吃。


添加译本