爱情里正在下雨肖水, 陈汐 译

It's Raining in Love理查德·布劳提根


不知道为什么,
I don't know what it is,
每当我喜欢一个女孩,
but I distrust myself
  很喜欢,
when I start to like a girl
我就开始怀疑自己。
     a lot.

我会紧张。
It makes me nervous.
我会说错话,
I don't say the right things
或者开始
or perhaps I start
 斟酌,
     to examine,
   掂量,
          evaluate,
     计算
               compute
  我说的每个字。
     what I am saying.

如果我说:“你觉得会下雨吗?”
If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"
她说:“我不知道。”
and she says, "I don't know,"
我就琢磨:她真的喜欢我吗?
I start thinking: Does she really like me?

换句话说,
In other words
我变得有点吓人。
I get a little creepy.

我的一位朋友说过,
A friend of mine once said,
“一些人
"It's twenty times better to be friends
做朋友比做恋人
     with someone
好二十倍!”
than it is to be in love with them."

我想他是对的,另外,
I think he's right and besides,
某处正在下雨,花朵仿佛程序接受了指令,
it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
蜗牛快乐无比。
and keeping snails happy.
  一切井然有序。
     That's all taken care of.

     但是
               BUT
如果一个女孩很喜欢我
if a girl likes me a lot
然后她变得很不安
and starts getting real nervous
然后忽然问我一些滑稽的问题
and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
然后如果我答错了,她就不高兴
and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
然后她会问:
and she says things like,
“你觉得会下雨吗?”
"Do you think it's going to rain?"
然后我说:“这可难倒我了。”
and I say, "It beats me,"
然后她说,“哦”,
and she says, "Oh,"
然后有点不高兴地
and looks a little sad
看着加州干净的蓝天,
at the clear blue California sky
我想:感谢上帝,这次难过的是你,
I think: Thank God, it's you, baby, this time
  而不是我。
     instead of me.


添加译本