我有多爱你?让我一一道来光诸 译

Sonnets from the Portuguese 43伊丽莎白·巴雷特·勃朗宁


我有多爱你?让我一一道来
How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
我对你的爱用尽灵魂的宽度
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
抵达灵魂的至高和至深,对它的感受超越肉眼
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
触摸造物追求的至高荣光。
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
我爱你就像日常最安静的需要,
I love thee to the level of everyday’s
从旭日东升到红烛熄灭。
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
无人能羁绊我的爱,就像人们为权利战斗;
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
无物能玷污我的爱,就像斗士转身离开赞美的呼声。
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
我爱你,以往昔悲怆中的激情,
I love thee with the passion put to use
以童年时纯真的信仰。
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
我曾经有过爱,以为它已经像圣徒般死去,
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
而今复活于对你的爱中。我以呼吸,
With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
以微笑,以眼泪,以我的一生爱你;还有,还有,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
如果上帝降恩慈于我,
I shall but love thee better after death.
我在死后只会爱你更深。


添加译本