我会挥舞我的车灯
I will swing my lasso of headlights
如套索般掠过你的前廊,
across your front porch,
让它像一根光线打成的绳结
let it drop like a rope of knotted light
落在你的脚边。
at your feet.
当我把车停好,
While I put the car in park,
你会把光的套索
you will tie and tighten the loop
系紧在你的腰间——
of light around your waist —
它的另一端已缠绕三圈
and I will be there with the other end
在我因孤独而长出犄角的胯部。
wrapped three times
你拉着我飞跃绿线草、蓝茎刺罂粟
around my hips horned with loneliness.
那片闪耀着光芒的大海,
Reel me in across the glow-throbbing sea
飞跃丝兰的白色花序,
of greenthread, bluestem prickly poppy,
飞跃楼梯上充满微尘的光柱,进入你的怀中。
the white inflorescence of yucca bells,
如果你对我说,这不是你的新房子
up the dust-lit stairs into your arms.
但我是你的新家,
If you say to me, This is not your new house
我会走进你喉咙的门,
but I am your new home,
把我最后的套索挂在走廊上,
I will enter the door of your throat,
在你的床头柜上用我最爱的书垒起祭坛,
hang my last lariat in the hallway,
把灯开了又关,开了又关,开了又关。
build my altar of best books on your bedside table,
我会躺在你身体里面。
turn the lamp on and off, on and off, on and off.
在你的心脏那张红桌上用餐。
I will lie down in you.
每一碗热气腾腾的饭都会是,刚刚好。
Eat my meals at the red table of your heart.
我会把它吃个精光,
Each steaming bowl will be, Just right.
把你的椅子全部打碎。
I will eat it all up,
如果我试图逃进深紫色的灌木丛,
break all your chairs to pieces.
你会提醒我,
If I try running off into the deep-purpling scrub brush,
如果你已经在这里,就无处可去,
you will remind me,
然后拍拍你被窗外
There is nowhere to go if you are already here,
黄玉般奢华的月光照亮的大腿,
and pat your hand on your lap lighted
说,来,亲爱的,坐这里——当我坐下时,
by the topazion lux of the moon through the window,
我会说,我没有离开。
say, Here, Love, sit here — when I do,
在那之前,你在哪里?你的地址是什么?
I will say, And here I still am.
我正受着伤。我驾车在夜色中狂奔
Until then, Where are you? What is your address?
油箱加满了油,而我的车灯
I am hurting. I am riding the night
正探向远方,寻找着什么。
on a full tank of gas and my headlights
are reaching out for something.