If I Should Come Upon Your House Lonely in the West Texas Desert娜塔莉·迪亚兹

若我撞见你孤寂的屋子在西德克萨斯沙漠光诸 译


I will swing my lasso of headlights
我会挥舞我的车灯
across your front porch,
如套索般掠过你的前廊,
let it drop like a rope of knotted light
让它像一根光线打成的绳结
at your feet.
落在你的脚边。
While I put the car in park,
当我把车停好,
you will tie and tighten the loop
你会把光的套索
of light around your waist —
系紧在你的腰间——
and I will be there with the other end
它的另一端已缠绕三圈
wrapped three times
在我因孤独而长出犄角的胯部。
around my hips horned with loneliness.
你拉着我飞跃绿线草、蓝茎刺罂粟
Reel me in across the glow-throbbing sea
那片闪耀着光芒的大海,
of greenthread, bluestem prickly poppy,
飞跃丝兰的白色花序,
the white inflorescence of yucca bells,
飞跃楼梯上充满微尘的光柱,进入你的怀中。
up the dust-lit stairs into your arms.
如果你对我说,这不是你的新房子
If you say to me, This is not your new house
但我是你的新家,
but I am your new home,
我会走进你喉咙的门,
I will enter the door of your throat,
把我最后的套索挂在走廊上,
hang my last lariat in the hallway,
在你的床头柜上用我最爱的书垒起祭坛,
build my altar of best books on your bedside table,
把灯开了又关,开了又关,开了又关。
turn the lamp on and off, on and off, on and off.
我会躺在你身体里面。
I will lie down in you.
在你的心脏那张红桌上用餐。
Eat my meals at the red table of your heart.
每一碗热气腾腾的饭都会是,刚刚好。
Each steaming bowl will be, Just right.
我会把它吃个精光,
I will eat it all up,
把你的椅子全部打碎。
break all your chairs to pieces.
如果我试图逃进深紫色的灌木丛,
If I try running off into the deep-purpling scrub brush,
你会提醒我,
you will remind me,
如果你已经在这里,就无处可去,
There is nowhere to go if you are already here,
然后拍拍你被窗外
and pat your hand on your lap lighted
黄玉般奢华的月光照亮的大腿,
by the topazion lux of the moon through the window,
说,来,亲爱的,坐这里——当我坐下时,
say, Here, Love, sit here — when I do,
我会说,我没有离开。
I will say, And here I still am.
在那之前,你在哪里?你的地址是什么?
Until then, Where are you? What is your address?
我正受着伤。我驾车在夜色中狂奔
I am hurting. I am riding the night
油箱加满了油,而我的车灯
on a full tank of gas and my headlights
正探向远方,寻找着什么。
are reaching out for something.


添加译本