我的爱在滴雨光诸 译

It's Raining in Love理查德·布劳提根


我不知道为什么,
I don't know what it is,
我会失去对自己的信任,
but I distrust myself
当我非常喜欢一个女孩时。
when I start to like a girl

     a lot.
这让我紧张。

我说不出正确的话,
It makes me nervous.
或者我开始
I don't say the right things
 审视,
or perhaps I start
      评估,
     to examine,
           计算
          evaluate,
我所说的一切。
               compute

     what I am saying.
如果我说,“你觉得要下雨了吗?”

而她说,“我不知道。”
If I say, "Do you think it's going to rain?"
我就会开始想:她真的喜欢我吗?
and she says, "I don't know,"

I start thinking: Does she really like me?
换句话说,

我变得有点吓人。
In other words

I get a little creepy.
我一个朋友曾经说:

“和一个人做朋友
A friend of mine once said,
比爱上他们
"It's twenty times better to be friends
好二十倍。”
     with someone

than it is to be in love with them."
我觉得他说得对,而且,

某个地方正在下雨,滋养着花朵,
I think he's right and besides,
让蜗牛开心。
it's raining somewhere, programming flowers
一切都不用我们操心。
and keeping snails happy.

     That's all taken care of.
但是——


               BUT
如果一个女孩很喜欢我,
if a girl likes me a lot
开始变得非常紧张,
and starts getting real nervous
突然开始问我奇怪的问题,
and suddenly begins asking me funny questions
如果我给出错误的答案就显得悲伤,
and looks sad if I give the wrong answers
如果她说类似的话:
and she says things like,
“你觉得要下雨了吗?”
"Do you think it's going to rain?"
而我说,“我不知道。”
and I say, "It beats me,"
她说,“哦。”
and she says, "Oh,"
看着加州湛蓝的天空,
and looks a little sad
显得有点悲伤时,
at the clear blue California sky
我想:谢天谢地,这次是你,宝贝,而不是我。
I think: Thank God, it's you, baby, this time
     instead of me.


添加译本