You waste the attention of your eyes,
你浪费了你双眼的注意力,
the glittering labour of your hands,
浪费了你双手闪耀的劳动力,
and knead the dough enough for dozens of loaves
你为大量的面包揉捏了太多的面团,
of which you'll taste not a morsel;
而你连一小块也尝不到;
you are free to slave for others—
你是自由的去做别人的奴隶——
you are free to make the rich richer.
你是自由的去使富人更富。
The moment you're born
你出生的那一刻,
they plant around you
他们在你周围建造
mills that grind lies
磨坊,碾出谎言
lies to last you a lifetime.
那谎言会持续你一生。
You keep thinking in your great freedom
你以你高度的自由继续思考,
a finger on your temple
手指放在太阳穴上
free to have a free conscience.
自由地拥有自由的良知。
Your head bent as if half-cut from the nape,
你的头弯着好像从后颈被砍了一半,
your arms long, hanging,
你的手臂很长,垂着,
your saunter about in your great freedom:
你以你高度的自由四处闲逛:
you're free
你是自由的
with the freedom of being unemployed.
有着被解雇的自由。
You love your country
你热爱你的祖国
as the nearest, most precious thing to you.
犹如对你是最亲近的、最珍贵的东西。
But one day, for example,
举个例子,但是一天,
they may endorse it over to America,
他们会把它签售给美国,
and you, too, with your great freedom—
还有你,和你高度的自由——
you have the freedom to become an air-base.
你有自由让它成为一座空军基地。
You may proclaim that one must live
你会强调,一个人必须生存着
not as a tool, a number or a link
不是作为工具、数字或者链环,
but as a human being—
仅是作为一个人——
then at once they handcuff your wrists.
而他们立即铐上你的双手。
You are free to be arrested, imprisoned
你是自由的被拘捕、被监禁
and even hanged.
甚至被绞死。
There's neither an iron, wooden
在你的生命中,
nor a tulle curtain
既没有铁质的、木质的帷幕,
in your life;
连一层薄纱也没有。
there's no need to choose freedom:
没有必要去选择自由:
you are free.
你是自由的。
But this kind of freedom
但是这种自由
is a sad affair under the stars.
是天底下一件可悲的事