像千万人一样,我有正当的自傲,且不止如此,
Like thousands I took just pride and more than just,
擦几根火柴,让自己的血液沸腾;
struck matches that brought my blood to a boil;
把河水点着的诀窍,我也记住了几个——
I memorized the tricks to set the river on fire--
但不知为何我从未写过可以回顾的东西。
somehow never wrote something to go back to.
也许我可以说,塑料花我不玩了,
Can I suppose I am finished with wax flowers
我已在帕纳索斯山的小坡上挣得了一块草地……
and have earned my grass on the minor slopes of Parnassus...
无法制造出蜂巢,除非一只蜜蜂
No honeycomb is built without a bee
一格一格地添、一圈一圈地加,
adding circle to circle, cell to cell,
一座蜂蜡与蜂蜜的陵墓——
the wax and honey of a mausoleum--
这圆形拱顶证明建造者还活着;
this round dome proves its maker is alive;
这虫子的尸骨泡在蜂蜜中生存,
the corpse of the insect lives embalmed in honey,
祈祷它易腐的作品会长存不朽,
prays that its perishable work live long
让偏爱甜食的熊亵渎为口腹之欲——
enough for the sweet tooth bear to desecrate--
这本打开的书……我打开的棺材。
this open book...my open coffin.