从前的生活欧凡 译

My Former LifeGeorge Dillon 译


我曾久宅于巍巍广厦,
I can remember a country of long, high colonnades
披浴于海上阳光的火红,
Which mirrored in their pale marble the prismatic light
晚来,它们高挺的石柱
Cast from the bright sea billows in a thousand shades,
使人恍如置身玄武岩洞。
And which resembled a cave of fluted basalt by night.

海浪摇拨着蓝天的倒影,
The ocean, strewn with sliding images of the sky,
庄严地,也略带秘诡,
Would mingle in a mysterious and solemn way,
把宅于如乐的丰盈的至高谐音
Under the wild brief sunsets, its tremendous cry
揉进映满我眼帘的夕晖。
With the reflected colors of the ruined day.

我宅于斯,沉浸于欢忭无边,
There did I dwell in quiet luxury apart,
寄身于华彩,轻浪和蓝天,
Amid the slowly changing hues of clouds and waves;
而遍体浸抹香油的裸奴
And there I was attended by two naked slaves

拂我之额以棕榈叶的清凉,
Who sometimes fanned me with great fronds on either side,
他们唯一操心的是加强
And whose sole task was to let sink into my heart
那折磨我的神秘的忧郁。
The dolorous and beautiful secret of which I died.


添加译本