变身流马 译

ChangelingHieu Minh Nguyen


站在镜子前,母亲对我说她很丑
Standing in front of a mirror, my mother tells me she is ugly
说药物使她发胖了。我笑着把她
says the medication is making her fat. I laugh & walk her
送回床上。母亲对我说她很丑
back to the bed. My mother tells me she is ugly in the same voice
用她常挂在嘴边的“没有女人会爱你”一样的语调
she used to say no woman could love you & I watch her
我看她拉拽着自己的身体,那是我的。我沉重的乳房
pull at her body & it is mine. My heavy breast.
我令人失望的身材。她要了一碗素汤
My disappointing shape. She asks for a bowl of plain broth
却变成灌进我喉咙的一杯醋。
& it becomes the cup of vinegar she would pour down my throat.
每天放学后,我都会跪在她面前
Everyday after school, I would kneel before her.
脱掉衣服,请她标记我的进展
I would remove my clothes & ask her to mark the progress.
我想说的是,我也很想变得好看
It’s important that I mention, I truly wanted to be beautiful
为了她。在我的梦里,我很瘦,即使不瘦,也在变得更好。
for her. In my dreams I am thin & if not thin, something better.
我告诉母亲,她仍然很美,她笑了。房间里
I tell my mother she is still beautiful & she laughs. The room fills
很多苍蝇。它们聚成一个小男孩的形状,将妈妈带回
with flies. They gather in the shape of a small boy. They lead her
到镜子前,但我的影子还在那里。
back to the mirror, but my reflection is still there.


添加译本