Ask Me威廉·斯塔福德

问我刘锋 译


Some time when the river is ice ask me
什么时候当河水成了冰,问问我
mistakes I have made. Ask me whether
犯了些什么错误。问问是否
what I have done is my life. Others
我所做的就是我的人生。别的人
have come in their slow way into
按照他们缓慢的方式进入了
my thought, and some have tried to help
我的思绪,有些人试图帮助
or to hurt: ask me what difference
或伤害:问问我他们最强烈的
their strongest love or hate has made.
爱或恨有什么不同的结果

I will listen to what you say.
你说什么,我都会倾听。
You and I can turn and look
你和我可以转身,打量
at the silent river and wait. We know
那静静的河水,等待。我们知道
the current is there, hidden; and there
水流就在那儿,潜藏着:而且
are comings and goings from miles away
数英里之外有水的来来往往
that hold the stillness exactly before us.
守着我们眼前的这片宁静
What the river says, that is what I say.
河水所说的,正是我的心声。


添加译本