Elegy西德尼·凯斯

挽歌佚名 译

(In memoriam SKK)

April again, and it's a year again
又是四月,又是一年
Since you walked out and slammed the door
自从你走出去,砰地关上门
Leaving us tangled in your words. Your brain
留下纠结在你话语中的我们。你的精神
Lives in the bank-book and your eyes look up
生活在银行书中,你的眼睛
Laughing from the carpet on the floor:
笑着从地板上的地毯上向上看
And we still drink from your silver cup.
我们依然饮着你银杯中的酒。

It is a year again since they poured
自从他们把哑然的泥土倾倒进你的口中
The dumb ground into your mouth:
又是一年:
And yet we know, by some recurring word
可是我们知道,某些循环的话语
Or look caught unawares, that you still drive
扑捉无意识的样子,你仍然
Our thoughts like the smart cobs of your youth –
驱赶着我们的思想像你青春时代的矮腿马——
When you and the world were alive.
彼时你和世界都活着。

A year again, and we have fallen on bad times
又一年,我们落在艰难时世中
Since they gave you to the worms.
自从他们给你蛆虫。
I am ashamed to take delight in these rhymes
我羞愧于在这些韵律中得到快乐
Without grief; but you need no tears.
没有悲痛;可是你需要的不是眼泪
We shall never forget nor escape you, nor make terms
我们将永远不会忘记也不会逃离你,也不会
With your enemies, the swift departing years.
和你的敌人达成协议,这稍纵即逝的扬长而去的岁月


添加译本