My Former LifeGeorge Dillon 译

从前的生活郭宏安 译


I can remember a country of long, high colonnades
堂堂柱廊,我曾长期住在其中,
Which mirrored in their pale marble the prismatic light
海的阳光给它涂上火色斑斑,
Cast from the bright sea billows in a thousand shades,
那些巨大的石柱挺拔而庄严,
And which resembled a cave of fluted basalt by night.
晚上使柱廊就象那玄武岩洞。

The ocean, strewn with sliding images of the sky,
海的涌浪滚动着天上的形象,
Would mingle in a mysterious and solemn way,
以隆重而神秘的方式混合着
Under the wild brief sunsets, its tremendous cry
它们丰富的音乐之至上和谐
With the reflected colors of the ruined day.
与我眼中反射出的多彩夕阳。

There did I dwell in quiet luxury apart,
那里,我在平静的快乐中悠游,
Amid the slowly changing hues of clouds and waves;
周围是蓝天、海浪、色彩的壮丽,
And there I was attended by two naked slaves
和浑身散发香气的裸体奴隶,

Who sometimes fanned me with great fronds on either side,
他们用棕榈叶凉爽我的额头,
And whose sole task was to let sink into my heart
他们唯一的关心是深入探悉
The dolorous and beautiful secret of which I died.
使我萎靡的那种痛苦的秘密。


添加译本