My Former LifeGeorge Dillon 译

从前的生活欧凡 译


I can remember a country of long, high colonnades
我曾久宅于巍巍广厦,
Which mirrored in their pale marble the prismatic light
披浴于海上阳光的火红,
Cast from the bright sea billows in a thousand shades,
晚来,它们高挺的石柱
And which resembled a cave of fluted basalt by night.
使人恍如置身玄武岩洞。

The ocean, strewn with sliding images of the sky,
海浪摇拨着蓝天的倒影,
Would mingle in a mysterious and solemn way,
庄严地,也略带秘诡,
Under the wild brief sunsets, its tremendous cry
把宅于如乐的丰盈的至高谐音
With the reflected colors of the ruined day.
揉进映满我眼帘的夕晖。

There did I dwell in quiet luxury apart,
我宅于斯,沉浸于欢忭无边,
Amid the slowly changing hues of clouds and waves;
寄身于华彩,轻浪和蓝天,
And there I was attended by two naked slaves
而遍体浸抹香油的裸奴

Who sometimes fanned me with great fronds on either side,
拂我之额以棕榈叶的清凉,
And whose sole task was to let sink into my heart
他们唯一操心的是加强
The dolorous and beautiful secret of which I died.
那折磨我的神秘的忧郁。


添加译本