伴随每一次激情而漂流,直到
To drift with every passion till my soul
我的灵魂变作竖琴任每阵清风抚弄,
Is a stringed lute on which all winds can play,
莫非因为这个,我不得不放弃
Is it for this that I have given away
我古老的智慧和严苛的节制?
Mine ancient wisdom, and austere control?
我想我的生命是二度书写的卷轴,
Methinks my life is a twice-written scroll
在稚气的假日里被潦草地涂抹,
Scrawled over on some boyish holiday
为笛管和古风写就慵懒的歌曲,
With idle songs for pipe and virelay,
只是它毁弃了整个生活的秘密。
Which do but mar the secret of the whole.
确实有过一段时光,我走过
Surely there was a time I might have trod
阳光普照的峰顶,而生命的不和谐音
The sunlit heights, and from life’s dissonance
清晰地撞击琴弦,直抵上帝耳畔:
Struck one clear chord to reach the ears of God:
莫非那时光已死?噢!我只是
Is that time dead? lo! with a little rod
用一根嫩枝蘸取了浪漫传奇的蜂蜜——
I did but touch the honey of romance—
我就必须丧失一个灵魂的遗产?
And must I lose a soul’s inheritance?