Evening西蒙·阿米蒂奇

傍晚照朗 译


You're twelve. Thirteen at most.
你十二岁,顶多十三。
You're leaving the house by the back door.
你离开了家,出的是后门。
There is still time. You've promised
有的是时间。你许诺
not to be long, not to far.
不走太久,也不会太远。

One day you'll learn the names of the trees.
终有一日你将认得树木的名字。
You fork left under the ridge,
山脊下你顺左而转,
pick up the bridleway between two streams.
选了两溪之间的那条马道。
Here is Wool Clough. Here is Royd Edge.
这是罗依德崖,这是伍尔克劳。

The peak still lit by sun. but
太阳还照着山尖,但是
evening. Evening overtakes you up the slope.
傍晚,傍晚盖过了你,在山坡上。
Dusk walks its fingers up the knuckles of you spine.
黄昏的指头摸过你脊骨的凸结。
Turn on your heel. Back home
调转你的脚步,回到家。

Your child sleeps in her bed, too big for a cot.
你的孩子睡在她的床上,有点小只好蜷着。
Your wife makes and mends under the light.
你的妻子在灯下缝缝补补。
You're sorry. You thought
你后悔。你以为
It was early. How did it get late?
还早,怎么会变得这么晚?


添加译本