飞渡 译

Love (III)乔治·赫伯特


爱这般殷勤相邀,我的灵魂却退缩不前,
Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
因满身的尘与罪而疚愧。
Guilty of dust and sin.
但爱眼明心细,自我一进门就发现
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
我神情萎靡心不振,
From my first entrance in,
便又走近我,柔声询问
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
我可有所求。
If I lack'd anything.

“客人,” 我答道,“才配到此赴宴。 ”
"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
爱说:“你就是我的座上宾。”
Love said, "You shall be he."
“我,这无情无义、忘恩负义之人?噢,我的爱,
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
我怎敢面对你。”
I cannot look on thee."
爱牵起我的手,微笑着回应:
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
“没有我何来这对明眸?”*
"Who made the eyes but I?"

“没错,主啊,但我已将它们污损;我羞愧难当
"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
让我接受应得的惩罚吧。”
Go where it doth deserve."
“难道你真不知,”爱说,“是谁已背负这责罚?”
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
“我的爱,既是这样,我恭敬不如从命。”
"My dear, then I will serve."
“你当坐下,”爱说,“且吃我肉。”
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
于是我就坐,品尝。
So I did sit and eat.


添加译本