没有屋顶时,我用
When I had no roof I made
无畏做我的屋顶。
Audacity my roof. When I had
没有晚餐时,我让眼睛用餐。
No supper my eyes dined.
没有眼睛时,我倾听。
When I had no eyes I listened.
没有耳朵时,我思想。
When I had no ears I thought.
没有思维时,我等待。
When I had no thought I waited.
没有父亲时,我把
When I had no father I made
关爱当父亲。
Care my father. When I had
没有母亲时,我拥抱命令
No mother I embraced order.
没有朋友时,我把
When I had no friend I made
沉默做朋友。没有
Quiet my friend. When I had no
敌人时,我同自己的身体对抗
Enemy I opposed my body.
没有庙宇时,我把
When I had no temple I made
我的声音做庙。没有
My voice my temple. I have
牧师时,舌头是我的合唱团
No priest, my tongue is my choir.
进退维谷时,运气
When I have no means fortune
是我的对策。
Is my means. When I have
一无所有时,死亡是我的财富
Nothing, death will be my fortune.
Need is my tactic, detachment
Is my strategy. When I had
No lover I courted my sleep.