Sonnet 121威廉·莎士比亚

十四行诗 121刘道沖 译


'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
如果未然却被指责为已然,
When not to be receives reproach of being;
真的卑贱倒强似被认作卑贱;
And the just pleasure lost, which is so deemed
失去了正当的欢愉,那评判
Not by our feeling, but by others' seeing.
并非依我所感而是他人之见:
For why should others' false adulterate eyes

Give salutation to my sportive blood?
凭什么别人虚伪下流的双眼
Or on my frailties why are frailer spies,
要来打量我躁动澎湃的热血?
Which in their wills count bad what I think good?
为何更弱者反窥探我的弱点,
No, I am that I am, and they that level
凭其淫欲来颠倒我心的善恶?
At my abuses reckon up their own:

I may be straight though they themselves be bevel;
不,我就是我,那帮人细数
By their rank thoughts, my deeds must not be shown;
他们自己的罪过来将我衡量:
  Unless this general evil they maintain,
我应该是正直的但他们自己扭曲,
  All men are bad and in their badness reign.
在龌龊思想里我的行为岂能显扬;

除非他们尊奉这普遍的邪理,
众人皆恶且他们因恶而无敌。


添加译本