Farewell! thou art too dear for my possessing,
别了!你太贵重我拥有不起,
And like enough thou know'st thy estimate,
想必你也晓得你身价不低,
The charter of thy worth gives thee releasing;
你的资质给你放任的权力,
My bonds in thee are all determinate.
我与你的契约都到了限期。
For how do I hold thee but by thy granting?
And for that riches where is my deserving?
因我怎能留住你,若你不许?
The cause of this fair gift in me is wanting,
那样的财富岂是我能当得起?
And so my patent back again is swerving.
这等好事在我本就不合其宜,
Thy self thou gavest, thy own worth then not knowing,
故而我的专利重又掉头离去。
Or me to whom thou gav'st it else mistaking;
So thy great gift, upon misprision growing,
你给我时不知自己的珍贵,
Comes home again, on better judgement making.
抑或没把我这受赠者看对;
Thus have I had thee, as a dream doth flatter,
那么你这厚礼既出自误会,
In sleep a king, but waking no such matter.
三思之后最好是完璧而归。
我拥有过你,好似黄粱一梦;
憨眠中称王,醒来一事无成。