IV
之四
When the shy star goes forth in heaven
当那颗羞涩的星像处女一般
All maidenly disconsolate,
忧郁地出现在天上的时刻,
Hear you amid the drowsy enen
你听,在昏昏欲睡的暮色中间
One who is singing by your gate.
有一人在你大门边唱着歌。
His song is softer than the dew
他的歌比露水还温柔,
And he is come to visit you.
他前来把你访求。
O bend no more in revery
当他在日暮时分来访之时,
When he at eventide is calling.
哦,别再在梦想中低着头,
Nor muse: Who may this singer be
也别沉思:这歌者会是谁?
Whose song about my heart is falling?
他的歌声正落在我心四周。
Know you by this, the lover's chant,
凭这,恋人的歌,你晓得
'Tis I that am your visitant.
你的访客就是我。