When I didn’t have you
拥有你以前
I loved Nature like a calm monk loves Christ...
我热爱自然,就像安静的修道士热爱基督。
Now I love Nature
现在我热爱自然
Like a calm monk loves the Virgin Mary,
就像安静的修道士热爱圣母玛利亚,
Religiously, in my way, like before,
我的虔诚一如既往,
But in another way more moving and nearer.
但显得更诚挚更亲密。
I see the rivers better when I go with you
穿过田野来到河畔
Through the fields to the riversides;
和你走在一起时,我看到的河流更美丽;
Sitting at your side looking at clouds
坐在你身边看云
I look at them better...
我看得更清楚。
You didn’t take me from Nature...
你不曾把自然从我这里带走,
You didn’t change Nature for me...
你不曾改变自然对我的意义,
You brought Nature right next to me.
你使自然离我更近了。
Because you exist I see it better, but the same,
因为你的存在,我看见它更美好,但它是同一个自然,
Because you love me, I love it the same, but more,
因为你爱我,我同样爱它,但是我更爱它,
Because you chose me to have you and love you,
因为你选择了我,让我拥有你爱你,
My eyes stare at everything more lingeringly.
我的眼睛在凝视万物时停留得更久。
I don’t regret anything I used to be
我不为以前的我而后悔
Because I’m still the same.
因为我还是同一个人。
I only regret not having loved you.
我只遗憾以前不曾爱你。
Put your hands in mine
把你的手放在我手里
And let’s keep quiet, surrounded by life.
让我们保持安静,被生活环绕。