在多雨的九月董继平 译

In Rainy September罗伯特·布莱


在多雨的九月,当树叶长下那黑暗之处,
In rainy September when leaves grow down to the dark
我把前额贴在潮湿的、散发海藻味的沙上。
I put my forehead down to the damp seaweed-smelling sand.
时间到来了。我把选择推迟了多年。
What can we do but choose? The only way for human beings
也许是整个生命。蕨,除了生活别无选择。
is to choose. The fern has no choice but to live;
为了它的倔强,它接受泥土,水,和夜。
for this crime it receives earth water and night.

我们关上门。“我对你没有要求的权利。”
we close the door. "I have no claim on you."
黄昏来临。“我对你的爱已经足够了。”
Dusk comes. "The love I have had with you is enough."
我们知道我们可以相互独自生活。
We know we could live apart from the flock.
野鸭离开群体而漂泊,
The sheldrake floats apart from the flock.
橡树在孤独的山边独自发放着叶子。
The oaktree puts out leaves alone on the lonely hillside.

我们之前的男女已完成了这一点。
Men and women before us have accomplished this.
一年一度,我会见到你,你也会见到我的。
I would see you and you me once a year.
我们将是两颗果核,不会被种植。
We would be two kernels and not be planted.
我们停留在房间里,关上门,灭掉灯。
We stay in the room door closed lights out.
我与你一起流泪,没有羞愧,也没有自尊。
I weep with you without shame and without honor.


添加译本