You Are the Penultimate Love of My LifeRebecca Hazelton

你是我人生倒数第二个爱人光诸 译


I want to spend a lot but not all of my years with you.
我想要和你度过
We’ll talk about kids
好多但不是全部的时光。
but make plans to travel.
我们会谈论孩子,
I will remember your eyes
但制定的是旅行计划。
as green when they were gray.
我会记住你的眼睛是绿色的,
Our dogs will be named For Now and Mostly.
其实它们是灰色的。
Sex will be good but next door’s will sound better.
我们的狗狗会被命名为“当下”和“大概”。
There will be small things.
我们的床笫之欢会不错但是邻居的听上去更好。
I will pick up your damp towel from the bed,

and then I won’t.
会有小事发生,
I won’t be as hot as I was
开始时我会把你的湿浴巾从床上拿开,
when I wasn’t yours
后来就不拿了。
and your hairline now so
当我不再是你的,
untrustworthy.
我不再像现在这般性感。
When we pull up alongside a cattle car
你现在的发际线,
and hear the frightened lows,
难说在未来会什么样儿。
I will silently judge you

for not immediately renouncing meat.
当我们停在运牛卡车的旁边,
You will bring me wine
听那吓人的哀鸣,
and notice how much I drink.
我会无声地批判你,
The garden you plant and I plan
没有立刻放弃肉食。
is tunneled through by voles,
而你会拿给我葡萄酒,
the vowels
并且注意我喝了多少。
we speak aren’t vows,

but there’s something
那个你种我也种的花园,
holding me here, for now,
被地鼠打洞。
like your eyes, which I suppose
说话时那些元音“啊”,
are brown, after all.
我们从没有大声喊成“哇”。
但是仍然有一些东西,
让我留下,在此时,
比如你的眼睛,那双
我猜是灰色的眼睛。


添加译本