The first boy to kiss your mother later raped women
第一个吻你妈妈的男孩后来在战乱中
when the war broke out. She remembers hearing this
强奸女人。她记得从你舅舅那儿
from your uncle, then going to your bedroom and lying
听到,随后走进你的卧室,躺倒
down on the floor. You were at school.
在地板上。你那时在学校。
Your mother was sixteen when he first kissed her.
他第一次吻你妈妈时,她十六岁。
She held her breath for so long that she blacked out.
她久久地屏住呼吸,昏阙了过去。
On waking she found her dress was wet and sticking
醒来时,她发现裙子湿了,粘住
to her stomach, half moons bitten into her thighs.
她的肚子,半月痕咬进她的大腿。
That same evening she visited a friend, a girl
当晚她去找一位朋友,一位
who fermented wine illegally in her bedroom.
在卧室非法发酵葡萄酒的女孩。
When your mother confessed I’ve never been touched
当你妈妈坦言:我从来没被那样
like that before, the friend laughed, mouth bloody with grapes,
摸过,朋友笑了,一血嘴葡萄,
then plunged a hand between your mother’s legs.
而后将一只手扎入你妈妈腿间。
Last week, she saw him driving the number 18 bus,
上周,她看见他开着18路公车,
his cheek a swollen drumlin, a vine scar dragging itself
他的脸肿成鼓丘,一条疤藤攀爬
across his mouth. You were with her, holding a bag
过他的嘴。你在她身旁,怀抱着
of dates to your chest, heard her let out a deep moan
一袋子枣,听见她重重一哽咽,
when she saw how much you looked like him.
当她看到你长得多么像他。