瞬间马永波 译

The Moment玛格丽特·阿特伍德


这个瞬间,在多年的
The moment when, after many years
辛劳和漫长的航行之后
of hard work and a long voyage
你站在你房间的中央,
you stand in the centre of your room,
房屋,半英亩,一方,岛屿,乡村,
house, half-acre, square mile, island, country,
知道最后你如何到达那里,
knowing at last how you got there,
说,我拥有这个
and say, I own this,

这是同样的时刻,树木松开
is the same moment when the trees unloose
环绕你的柔软的手臂,
their soft arms from around you,
鸟儿收回它们的语言,
the birds take back their language,
悬崖裂开,崩塌,
the cliffs fissure and collapse,
空气波浪般从你身边退回
the air moves back from you like a wave
而你不能呼吸。
and you can't breathe.

不,它们低语。你什么都没有。
No, they whisper. You own nothing.
你是个访客,一次又一次
You were a visitor, time after time
攀登着山冈,插上旗帜,宣告。
climbing the hill, planting the flag, proclaiming.
我们从来不属于你。
We never belonged to you.
你从来没有找到我们。
You never found us.
那总是周围的另一条道路。
It was always the other way round.


添加译本