How sweet I roamed from field to field.
多么愉快我在田野间遨游!
And tasted all the summer's pride.
我赏尽了夏天的一切光彩,
Till I the Prince of Love beheld
直到我和爱的王子邂逅,
Who in the sunny beams did glide.
他在太阳的晴晖中飘来。
He showed me lilies for my hair.
他把百合花插在我的发边,
And blushing roses for my brow;
把羞红的玫瑰往我额上戴,
He led me through his gardens fair
他引我进他那美丽的花园,
Where all his golden pleasure grow.
那里一切黄金的欢乐正盛开。
With sweet May-dews my wings were wet.
我的翅膀给五月的香露打湿,
And Phoebus fired my vocal rage;
太阳燃起了我歌唱的怒火,
He caught me in his silken net,
他把我捉到丝织的网里,
And shut me in his golden cage.
把我在黄金的笼里关锁。
He loves to sit and hear me sing,
他喜欢坐着听我歌唱,
Then, laughing, sports and plays with me.
然后笑哈哈地跟我嬉游,
Then stretches out my golden wing,
然后张开我黄金的翅膀,
And mocks my loss of liberty.
嘲弄着我丧失了的自由。