Mountains—upstanding mountains—
山——山——磊落,我们
we trekked through subtropical greens, rich, gaudy,
穿行于亚热带,过分秾艳的绿
sparking passion all the way.
沿途引爆热情
Hiking ten miles non-stop, we spoke of hidden waters,
走一万里不歇脚,谈起烟水
how we’d dwell beside their depths.
我们也曾计划在它的深处安家
I left all that
但我还是离开了这一切
as the wings banked from the subtropics
倾斜著,飞离整个亚热带
and light broke through heavy cloud. I love
有光照彻层云深处,我热爱
that I pierce will in a glance.
我于一瞬穿梭它的心志
What tempted once fell away with the lakes far below.
那曾诱惑的,只在下界湖泊中渐远
There are oceans too, opening in sunlight, tumbling, misting.
也有海,在太阳下开,落,蒸腾
Give up, give up the air’s hot kiss
放弃,放弃那热吻于空气之你
from you whose nightmares clasped at my fingers—I do.
噩梦中每每攥紧我的手指——我愿意
Who falls into water clutches a withered branch—
那落水人攀枯枝,最黑那黑海之你
you of the blackest sea
不初醒,不松开
never once awakened, never let loose
——我愿意
—I do.
但我还是离开了这一切
I left all that.
如今,我只是热爱我们之间的距离
Now I love only the miles between us
——海到海底,那一场磷光盛大
—from sea to seabed, a grand phosphorescence.
涡流,摇转于涡流之中
Whirlpools rush within whirlpools.