与夜相熟姜山 译

Acquainted with the Night罗伯特·弗罗斯特


我一直是夜的熟客。
I have been one acquainted with the night.
我曾在雨中出门——雨中回家。
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
我曾跨越城市灯光覆盖的边界。
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

我曾眺望最悲伤的街巷。
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
从巡逻的守夜人身侧走过
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
我垂下双眼,不肯费舌。
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

当远处被打断的哭声
I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
从另一条街道越过屋顶传来,
When far away an interrupted cry
我曾止住双脚不发一声,
Came over houses from another street,

只是不要叫我回头或说再见;
But not to call me back or say good-bye;
在令人惶恐的高度,
And further still at an unearthly height,
悬在天际的明亮时钟
One luminary clock against the sky

曾宣布时间没有对错。
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
我一直是夜的熟客。
I have been one acquainted with the night.


添加译本