你坐在水仙丛中,
There you are, in all your innocence,
一付天真烂漫的神气,
Sitting among your daffodils, as in a picture
如同你在照片旁的题辞:“天真烂漫 ”。
Posed as for the title: ‘Innocence’.
照在脸上柔和的阳光
Perfect light in your face lights it up
如同盛开的水仙。像那些水仙花中的
Like a daffodil. Like any one of those daffodils
任何一株,这全然是你在水仙丛中仅有的四月。
it was to be your only April on earth
你新生的婴儿在你的手臂里
Among your daffodils. In your arms,
像一只玩具熊,仅有几个星期
Like a teddy bear, your new son,
进入他的天真。在你神圣的照片里:
Only a few weeks into his innocence.
母亲和婴儿。在你身旁
Mother and infant, as in the Holy portrait.
是对着你仰面而笑的女儿,
And beside you, laughing up at you,
只有两个人。像一株水仙,
Your daughter, barely two. Like a Daffodil
你俯脸对着她,讲着什么话,
Your turn your face down to her, saying something.
你的话音消失在照相机里。
Your words were lost in the camera.
一张难认识的照片:
And the knowledge
一座有河围绕的山庄,比你的房屋大 ,
Inside the hill on which you are sitting,
你坐在山庄里。你接下去的时刻
A moated fort hill, bigger than your house,
像向你走来的一名步兵
Failed to reach the picture. While your next moment,
慢慢地从无人地带返回,
Coming towards you like an infantryman
在某些东西下面躬身,
Returning slowly out of no-man’s-land,
从没有接近你--
Bowed under something, never reached you –
仅仅融化进那柔和的阳光里。
Simply melted into the perfect light.