你就只用你的眼睛来给我干杯,
DRINK to me only with thine eyes,
我就用我的眼睛来相酬;
And I will pledge with mine;
或者就留下一个亲吻在杯边上
Or leave a kiss but in the cup,
我就不会向杯里找酒。
And I’ll not look for wine.
从灵魂深处张开起来的渴嘴
The thirst that from the soul doth rise
着实想喝到美妙的一口;
Doth ask a drink divine:
可是哪怕由我尝天帝的琼浆,
But might I of Jove’s nectar sup,
要我换也不甘把你的放手。
I would not change for thine.
我新近给你送上了一束玫魂花,
I sent thee late a rosy wreath,
与其说诚心拿来孝敬你
Not so much honouring thee,
不如说让它们有希望得到熏陶,
As giving it a hope that there
不会得枯搞以至于委地;
It could not withered be.
可是你只在花上呼吸了一下,
But thou thereon didst only breathe,
把它们送回到我的手里;
And sent’st it back to me:
从此它们就开得叫我闻得到
Since when it grows, and smells, I swear,
(不是它们自己而是)你。
Not of itself, but thee.