A Road Beyond Loss阿奈莎·米勒

悲伤的出路刘宛妮 译


When the world came down upon me
有一天世界倒坍在我身上
and the sky closed like a door,
天空之门关闭,
sounds filled my ears from far away.
遥远的声音充塞我的双耳。
I lay down on the floor.
我躺在地上。
And no one near could find me,
近在咫尺的人看不见我,
and nothing near was mine.
近在咫尺的事物不属于我。
I sank into the floorboards
我陷入地面
from the voices,
远离喧嚣,
soft and kind.
陷入安适之乡。
Until one thought got through to me,
不知过了多久,我忽然有了一个念头,
one image filled my mind:
我的头脑中出现一幅画面:
a pencil and a paper lying
一支铅笔,一张纸
close to hand, nearby.
就在我手边。
Somehow I took them up and traced
恍惚间我拿起纸笔涂下一个词
one word and then the next,
接着又写了一个,
until they linked together in a chain
一个一个词连成一条链
that first perplexed the darkness
搅乱我眼中的黑暗,
in my eyes, then,
随后
rowing on my paper barque,
我划着我的纸船
I soon was far away
很快就划了好远
and saw the water trail I'd left
回望我留下的波痕
rise up into a chain—
它腾空升起,成为一条链——
a ladder reaching high above
一条通往高处的梯子
to light and sound and friends.
通向光明,音声,和朋友。
And that's how I climbed out
就这样,我从无边无际的悲伤之中
of the grief that has no end.
爬了出来。


添加译本