Invictus威廉·欧内斯特·亨利

不可征服光诸 译


Out of the night that covers me,
我走进低垂的黑夜
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
从南极到北极都如沥青般黑暗
I thank whatever gods may be
无论上帝是什么样的存在
      For my unconquerable soul.
我都要感谢他给了我不可征服的灵魂。

In the fell clutch of circumstance
被现实落下的闸门压紧,
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不皱眉也没有喊叫。
Under the bludgeonings of chance
厄运的大棒狠狠砸下,
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.
我并没有低下血淋淋的头颅。

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
在此时此地的愠怒和眼泪之外,
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
还逡巡着恐怖的阴影。
And yet the menace of the years
然而一如继往咄咄逼人的岁月,
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.
已经而且即将发现我从不畏缩。

It matters not how strait the gate,
无论我要走过的门是多么狭窄,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
无论上天写就的判词是多么严酷,
I am the master of my fate,
我都是我自己命运的主人,
      I am the captain of my soul.
我都是我灵魂的船长。


添加译本